Gravure The Television August 2015 Part 2
Discussions separated by school year X 5
Jr. High school 3rd graders
Isono Rinon + Ooga Saki + Shirai Saki
Our Kouhai have increased in number at one fell swoop and there is a building up of excitement
- Going back a bit in time to the 2015 Nendo Transfer student ceremony, it was quite refreshing to see a performance with just the 6 current students.
- We had never had a performance with such a small number of members (6 in fact) in Sakura Gakuin history, and so it was quite difficult to know how to present ourselves as each of us stood out so much. On the other hand, with such a small number of performers it felt like a club activity and proved to be really fun.
- But, we also became painfully aware of our lack of stamina. I realized that up to then we had relied to some degree on the performances of the greater number of members.
- After that how have the stages been with the introduction of the 6 Transfer students?
- There was a different kind of fun that was so incredible that I really can’t express it in words. It could in part be because we had not until that point performed together as a unit of 12 members, but regardless I am pretty sure that I was overflowing with the feeling that I am now surrounded by so many cute Kouhai.
- How did you feel the instant you took on the position of Student Council President?
- To be honest when I was chosen to be the Student Council President I had a strong feeling of unease. Because I have experienced each Nendo that has had a Student Council President I felt a lot of pressure and I thought, ‘I am the right person to serve as the President?’. But when I went on stage to make some remarks I got a big round of applause from the Fukei-san when I bowed. When I heard that, in my mind I thought, ‘Yosshu!, I a going to do my best!’. I decided to do my very best up until the time I graduate to treat with importance and respect Sakura Gakuin that the Senpai who came before me worked so hard to build up.
- And, Ooga-san you have take on the new position of Education Committee Chairperson, right?
- I heard that it is a position we have not had up until now and so I thought, ‘What should I do with this assignment?’ with a bit of a feeling of apprehension. So I am now of the mindset of trying to discover what is the role and form of expression that suits the role of the Education Committee Chairperson in my own way of doing things. I think part of “Education” is to connect it to tradition as well as teaching proper manners and things like that. And this means not simply teaching by words but also I must convey it through my attitude and my daily behavior. I feel I would like to become a person who can stimulate the Kouhai and in order to do so I must first make efforts on my own side of things.
- Shirai-san is the Talk Chairperson.
- When I was elected to this post I reaffirmed just how important being in the Koubaibu (Purchasing club) was. Most likely if I had not been in the Koubaibu I probably would not have been selected to serve as the Talk Chairperson. I think there are expectations that I may be able to make use of having gotten close to the Fukei-san by working closely with Yunano-chan. I hope to develop into a Talk Chairperson who can draw out the bright and shiny feeling of this new 12 member Sakura Gakuin as an MC.
- Has anything changed over the roughly 3 months since the Transfer student ceremony?
- I think all of the Transfer students have a great deal of talent. On top of that they all practice very hard and learn things at an ever increasingly fast pace. They are growing and developing strongly and steadily. But, we current students are also doing our best not to be out performed. Let’s do our best!
- Is that right?!
- We all stimulate one another and so I feel we are most likely growing at a very fast pace. Also, now that I am a 3rd grader I can imagine that when our Senpai were watching over us they had the same feeling I get looking at the new students which is a very fun perspective to have. (Laughs)
- What kind of a group do you want to make the ’15 Nendo into?
- My first impression of the new Transfer students was, ‘Wow, are they ever noisy!’. (Laughs) But I felt that that is just part of their character and got on with things. I hope that by doing a lot of practicing over the summer vacation that we we will be able to put on performances that really show the personalities of each of the 12 members.
- With the sudden influx of so many new members this Nendo I feel this year is one in which we must return to our beginner minds. So for myself as well I would like to recall my first year that I have already forgotten somewhat and approach this final year with the same mindset.
- I really do not want everything that Sakura Gakuin has worked to build up be destroyed through the fault of this year’s members and hope to continue on to make a strong connection for future members. With that kind of feeling I hope to fully bring out the individuality of each of the members and yet to have us all work firmly together as one when we perform together.
Jr. High school 2nd graders
Kurashima Sara + Kurosawa Mirena
How is it to serve as a bridge between the 3rd graders and the younger classes?
- With the entrance of the new Transfer students for you, Kurashima-san it was the first time to have Kouhai under you.
- Yes, that is true and the number of new Transfer students this time is so many that I feel a great power from them. There are time for sure when I feel they are noisy but, you know. (Laughs) Last year’s Transfer students were only myself and Megumi and we were probably not only quiet and reserved but probably too quiet and reserved and so this new development is is actually a lot of fun. I think the actual performance at the Transfer student ceremony was greater than anything we did during the practice sessions.
- Kurosawa-san, how do you view or feel about the current resident students?
- When we do fun thing we have fun together, but when things need to be pointed out the upper level students point these things out to us.
- How was your fist stage?
- As the first stage was called and as I was getting ready to step on to the stage I heard, ‘Kurosawa-chan!’ and I was totally emotionally moved. And at that time all of my nervousness completely disappeared and I realized on this first stage that we create the performance with the cooperation of the Fukei-san.
- I have the feeling that the time the resident students spend with the Transfer students must increase as you work toward the summer events, did you get closer during this time?
- I felt that we had had combined with the resident students more than the initial stages and feel we had become like a single unit. Recently I feel very happy that the current students come and talk with us.
- Personally I am not so good at approaching people from my own intention. Now I feel that that is not so good an attribute for a Senpai. (Laughs) I hope to make more motions to provide a Fresh feeling and a feeling of togetherness.
- What do you think would be a good group for the ’15 Sakura Gakuin Nendo?
- I’m sure that in all the versions of Sakura Gakuin up to this point the members have all gotten along very well, but with so many members in this Nendo there will bound to be some girls that one talks a lot with and others not so much. I hope that we can work things out so that there will not be an unbalanced gap along those lines. Also, even though there are now 6 new Transfer students I hope we will be able to honor and pass on the traditional aspects of the Sakura Gakuin that has been handed down to us.
- Now that I am a 2nd year student I feel that I need to be aware of the “Intermediary management role” that I have to help support the current 3rd graders. (Laughs) I may be jumping the gun a bit, but remember that next year at this time with the introduction of new Transfer students, the Transfer students of this Nendo will form the core for the current resident students on next Nendo and so I will need to give them as much advice and be firm in my support of them to make it possible for us to draw out the greatest potential from the ’15 Nendo Sakura Gakuin.
Jr. High school 1st graders
Yamaide Aiko + Okada Megumi + Okazaki Momoko
Classmates who differing years of experience coming together in a relationship of providing stimulation for each other
- 3 girls with 3 different Transfer entrance years. First of all, what do you two current resident students think about the sudden influx of new members?
- I was quite shocked by the entrance of 6 new members but at the Transfer student entrance ceremony everyone seemed to have so much fun and it makes me happy that apparently the Fukei-san are also of the mindset that ‘This ’15 Nendo is going to be something great to look forward to’. I think there are both merits and demerits coming about with the entrance of so many new members but I hope we can change the demerits into merits.
- What do you consider the demerits to be?
- The new students are so full of energy that it is almost impossible for us to keep up. The new Transfer students have too much power (Laughs). If everyone gets too playful and wild it all turns into something like a kindergarten and so I hope we can turn that into a good, workable atmosphere.
- It has been 1 year since I joined Sakura Gakuin and now Megumi is not a Transfer student herself and so I get a little anxious about whether I will be able to teach the New Transfer students the things they need to know but seeing how successful the Transfer student entrance ceremony was and how we are all having so much fun together I think things will go OK. That said I think there are many things we need to correct.
- What kinds of things are those?
- My thoughts are the same as those of Aiko’s in that the Transfer students have too much energy and there are times that they kind of push Megumi and the others into a corner (Laughs). In respect to that we need to do our best to deal with the situation in a way more fitting of being Senpai.
- As one of those Transfer students with overflowing energy, Okazaki-san, how was the Transfer student entrance ceremony?
- It was really fun. When we huddled together in group with just us Transfer students before the show we promised ourselves that “Since the teachers and Fukei-san are so looking forward to this event we must dour best to not hamper there expectations and fun.” The result was that apparently the Fukei-san had a great time and we ourselves were also able to enjoy the event!
- So it has been about 3 months since then. Have you been able to shorten the distance between the current resident students and the Transfer students?
- Recently the Transfer students have also grown a lot in their ability to concentrate and perform which further stimulates us as well. I feel that by each side mutually stimulating the other we will be able to aim for ever higher goals and achievements.
- What do you think of the current resident students?
- The Senpai are really good at finding the sides of myself that was not aware of and I am very thankful for the advice they give me after each lesson.
- At about this time last year, Aiko was a pretty scary presence for the two Transfer students, Megumi and Sara. (Laughs) But, I think that it was because of the strictness of Aiko that they were able to grow as they have and moreover they were able to master the basics. Now I have come to be able to feel gratitude to her for that.
- Now with the recordings and practicing for the summer events must be a time filled with many new experiences, right?
- iAfter doing our first recording I gained some confidence in myself and came to really love singing!
- What kind of group do you feel you want to make this Sakura Gakuin Nendo into?
- I feel we can put out an atmosphere on stage that exhibits how well we all get along and I want to put importance on that, but I also want us to build up relationships that allow us, no matter how well we get along, to be able to give each other advice on things that we see that are not up to par.
- Sakura Gakuin from here on out will not be created solely by the 3rd graders but rather we will join our minds together as one and we will do our best to support Sakura Gakuin in the capacity of our “Intermediary management role” (Laughs).
- Every year when comes time for the graduation ceremony I feel that 1 year is so short and so I feel that I would like to treat each minute, each second with great importance. And since I would like to, from now build up bit by bit looking toward next year, I hope that by this Nendo’s graduation ceremony I will be able to raise myself up to a certain level and play a part in making Sakura Gakuin into the greatest one ever-greater than any Sakura Gakuin that has come before.
- What do you think will come of the Yamaide vs. Okada battle from here on out?
- People talk about that but in fact we are really good friends!
- That’s right. We are rivals but we do not fight, right? (Laughs)
Elementary school 6th grade
Asou Maaya + Hidaka Marin
Being able to speak one’s own thoughts, and hoping that fans will remember our names
- I understand that before the Transfer student entrance ceremony the Transfer students huddled together amongst themselves. What did you talk about at that time?
- We admitted to ourselves that we were nervous and that we will probably make mistakes but we promised ourselves that we would not worry about that and only focus on delivering to the Fukei-san the best live performance that we can.
- By saying that we were able to get rid of at least some of our nervousness. After that, when we made our way onto the stage the Fukei-san greeted us so warmly that we were able to have a great time.
- What is really needed for a good performance are only to be full of energy and to have a feeling of fun and since nervousness has no place there we said let’s leave it in the dressing room and put on a fun show. In fact I was so nervous that my legs were shaking a bit, but because of the support of the teachers and the Fukei-san I felt I received a great deal of energy and courage.
- What was your impression of Sakura Gakuin before you entered it?
- The first time I saw them I thought they were sparkling, shining Idols and thought they were so wonderful. Everyone was so good at singing and dancing and all I could think about everyday was nothing other than Sakura Gakuin.
- I was in fact a “former Fukei” and I always got energy just by watching them and all I wanted was to be like the members of Sakura Gakuin. I am so happy that I was able to become a member of this wonderful Sakura Gakuin!
- By the way, what is your favorite Sakura Gakuin song?
- Recently I like “Kimi ni Tokoke”. I love the lyrics, the melody, the computer sound and in fact all of it.
- I like “Mikansei Silhouette” and “Magic Melody”. At the latter part of “Mikansei Silhouette” when Nene-chan says “Bye-Bye”, the way she says it really touched me and I really coming to like that part I have since always hoped that someday can sing that part. “Magic Melody” is Maaya’s life song.
- What do you mean by that?
- When I did a fortune telling session the other day with everyone that came up as an answer about my life. (Laughs) It is a song about not giving up and in the song it says, “going beyond time and becoming light” to me is a really lovely idea.
- I see! So, from now on I am sure you will be encountering many new experiences. Could you tell us how you plan to face your up and coming future?
- Since I am not so good at speaking with people, I hope to become better at speaking about myself this year.
- Of course I want to get better at performing, but before that I hope to be able to be known more by the Fukei-san, or in other words I hope that people will come to know my name.